We are often asked if Rural & Migrant Ministry utilizes volunteers. We couldn’t exist without them! Here are some of our current opportunities
- Volunteer Coordinator Needed
We are looking for a volunteer (perhaps two days a week) who can help RMM recruit volunteers and train them. RMM has hundreds of volunteers, some work every day, while others volunteer once a year during special programs. We utilize volunteer advocates, tutors, nurses, counselors and fund raisers. As you can see, quite an exciting group!
- Working with our Youth Empowerment Program*
- Each summer at the end of August RMM hosts a remarkable overnight camp for 100 children (ages 8-17) in Warwick, New York. This diverse camp utilizes the arts, group building activities, and adventures to help the campers have fun; and to develop their confidence and skills to work for change in their lives and the lives of their communities. WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEER COUNSELORS AND NURSES who would like to spend the week with us. Our nurses are responsible for the well-being of our campers through love, monitoring medicine, taking care of boo-boos. Our counselors work in teams and are responsible for the guidance and safety of the campers (speaking of safety - to ensure the safety of the campers and the staff - we do background checks) If you have the time and are interested, call our Camp Director, Ruth Faircloth, at 845-485-8627.
- Volunteer in our Summer Day Leadership Programs in the Mid-Hudson and Rochester regions, each July. We are always looking for counselors, workshop leaders and folks to help with transportation. (for more information contact Laura Lecour at RMM 845-485-8627
- Help our high school students in the Hudson Valley & Catskill regions with the college application process (for more information contact Andres Chamorro at 845-485-8627)
- Help us out in our offices. We always need someone who can help us answer phones, deal with some paper-work and assist our program people. (For more information about working in any of our offices, get in touch with Laura Lecour at 845-485-8627, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We are looking for journalists to help us tell our stories. We have so many opportunities to tell about the work and accomplishments of RMM in newspapers, magazines, web-sites etc. With a very flexible schedule, come join us! (For more information get in touch with Laura Lecour at 845-485-8627, or email@example.com)
* Please note that in order to ensure the well-being and safety of all involved in the program that RMM requires references and background checks for all Youth Empowerment volunteers