Rural & Migrant Ministry Inc. (RMM) has created a new position of Deputy Director to oversee RMM’s state-side programs. The Deputy Director will have responsibility for all of RMM’s programs and supervision of RMM’s program staff as well as representing RMM in state-wide efforts.
The core of RMM are the people of RMM and a commitment to systemic justice in rural New York. Here is our mission statement:
Rural & Migrant Ministry works for the creation of a just rural New York State through: 1) Nurturing leadership, 2) Standing with the disenfranchised, especially farmworkers and rural workers, 3) Changing unjust systems and structures
We carry out our mission through four worker education centers, and three programmatic areas: 1) a youth leadership development program and 2) the accompaniment of workers through advocacy and civil rights litigation; 3) Popular and participatory education as we stand alongside emerging and committed community leaders. We are a non-sectarian organization with strong ties to a multiplicity of faith bodies, unions and academic institutions.
Working with the Executive Director, the position has several primary components:
- Oversight of the Programs of RMM
- Strategic programmatic planning and development of new programs in relationship to RMM’s mission.
- Direction, Supervision & Evaluation of Program Staff
- Director and Coordinator of the Rural Academy of the People (RAP)
- Coordinate curriculum development and implementation across the State in collaboration with Regional Coordinators and staff
- Lead implementation of RAP programs in Hudson River/Catskill region
- Oversight of the development and implementation of RMM’s internship and fellowship programs including: college interns, seminarians and labor leader development.
- Work with Executive Director to present programs to Donors and potential Donors
- Support the Managing Director in the development of grant strategies, proposals, program reporting and evaluation.
- Represent RMM in select coalitions, summits, and conferences
- Five years of non-profit management with strong organizational abilities including: planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Successful leadership of programs leading to outcomes.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Experience working in rural communities.
- Systems change & partnership model, (theory and practical), and popular education experience
- Commitment to working with faith communities
- Commitment to, and experience in, working collaboratively with colleagues
- Solid, hands -on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Experience with fundraising strategies and donor relationships unique to the non-profit sector including the ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
- Ability to convey the mission and vision of RMM’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Strong written and oral skills
- Commitment to live in the Hudson Valley (working out of the Cornwall on Hudson office). This position involves flexible hours and days (given that we serve farmworkers ) this position involves travel across NYS and also includes some remote work.
This is a full -time position with flexible hours and days. Compensation includes:
- Full medical and dental insurance
- Four weeks’ vacation
- Contributions to a retirement program
- Sabbatical (three months paid after seven years)
- Salary: $84,700
RMM’s Global Non-discrimination Policy provides that we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, color, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, pregnancy, covered veteran status, protected genetic information and/or political affiliation.
To apply, please send Resume and Cover letter to: Laura Lecour, Managing Director email@example.com
or mail to:
Rural & Migrant Ministry, Inc. PO BOX 475 Cornwall on Hudson, NY 12520